Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Letter to Grandma and Grandpa

Tuesday, March 25, 2009

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Since my birthday I have been deciding how to spend the money you gave me. I decided to spend a little and save a little. Buying a black acoustic guitar is one of the things your money helped me do. Not too long ago, some of my friends and I also started a rock band and have been occasionally meeting and practicing when we get the chance, which has been a lot of fun.

Immediately putting some of the money towards my beautiful acoustic guitar, which I am very excited about, I have been practicing every day. It is called an EJ-Acoustic Electric guitar. Having a black body, it is accented by gold tuners and a dandelion print on the front. When I look at it, one unique thing I always notice is that at the bottom of the guitar it has a design which is called a mustache! I love playing it. During the last month and a half, I have slowly been teaching myself how to play by learning and practicing new chords every day, while I hope to take lessons soon.

Joining choir, I have been working hard to learn my songs, which is quite challenging. Finally, I have joined the tenors instead of the altos or sopranos! During the last couple of months I have continued playing piano and singing in a youth worship band, “The Uprising,” at church. Since last fall our church has had a middle school band play for the elementary kids, practicing and then playing on Sunday mornings; I am one of the singers!

Starting a band called “So Much for Sleep” with my friends, we played at our church’s American Idol talent show, which we had a great time doing. Determinedly practicing, we have guitars and drums, and I am the lead singer! In April, we hope to play at a Rochester middle school talent show. We auditioned last week, and hopefully we’ll be selected to perform. If you go to my blog on the computer you will see the video of us.

Most importantly, I will keep practicing and pursuing music. Obviously I have gotten my great musical love from both sides of the family. When you come next time, I will show you what I’ve learned on the guitar. Thank you so much for the money, the I-tunes gift card, which I’ve used to download six songs already, and the gift card to Barnes and Noble. I’m going to use it to get the graphic novels of Black, Red, and White by Ted Dekker.

Yours truly,
Isaak

No comments:

Post a Comment