Monday, March 23, 2009

Letter to Grandma and Grandpa

Friday, March 6, 2009

Dear Granma and Good G,

Although I am writing this letter because I have to for school, I love you both dearly and hope you don’t take it personally. During this last week, I’ve been busy with my numerous but enjoyable activities and still have more coming up in the next week. Looking at my program, singing the songs, and telling my friends about it, the excitement from going to “Fiddler on the Roof” still hasn’t worn off! It was absolutely amazing! Thank you for taking me to the show G and Granma. I’m looking forward to seeing you next weekend when we go to Nikki and Randy’s house!

Incredibly well done, “Fiddler on the Roof” at the Orpheum is the best show I’ve ever seen, although I immensely enjoyed the Christmas Carol at the Guthrie as well. What’s your favorite play that you have ever seen? Watching Chaim Topol, an ancient but amazing actor, is an experience I’ll never forget! During the musical I was having the time of my life! Although I loved the whole show, one of my favorite things was the brilliant dancing, especially during the wedding and during “To Life.” Fruma Sarah, who I thought was frightening, surprised but impressed me in the dream scene when she was dancing, twirling, and singing, while on someone’s shoulders (at least that’s how I think they did it). It was a hilarious scene! “Fiddler on the Roof” is my favorite musical I’ve ever seen, especially because you were with me!

I can’t imagine anyone I‘d rather have gone to “Fiddler on the Roof” with than you, G! Thanks for going with me! Going to the show with you is a fun memory to have because you were the person I saw the movie with first! Within the next year, our copy of the movie, which you gave us, is going to be scratched and broken from being watched so much! Probably, “Fiddler on the Roof” is one of my two ultimate favorite musicals, along with Hello Dolly. Although I didn’t expect you to agree or even to consider attending the play, I’m incredibly happy you did!

Since you and Granma left I’ve been staying busy as usual. On Thursday I went to choir, which is so much fun, and we started learning two new songs: a hymn and a gospel song which sounds like it should be sung in a black southern church! It’s awesome! I was also planning to audition yesterday for the one act plays Words players is going to perform, but unfortunately I got distracted and it completely slipped my mind. At times I feel like Dory from “Finding Nemo”—“There’s nothin’ in my noggin.’” Hopefully I can still try out in the next week. Previously playing Imogene Herdman in BCPE, a girl named Brianna Hicken is going to be starring Annie Oakley in “Annie Get Your Gun” tonight, and I’m going to go see it! Performing the same piece (the one with the three bowel movements) I played at my recital when you guys were here, I am going to play in the Evening of Music and Recitation on Tuesday night. It’s a home school event. I’m looking forward to seeing you two after my jam packed week is over!

Looking forward to the play tonight, performing my piano piece next week, and hopefully trying out for the one act plays, I will be busy, but will tell you guys about it when I see you next weekend! As you have probably discerned by now, I completely adored “Fiddler on the Roof,” which, in my opinion, is one of the better musicals ever made! Most important, of course, I would like to thank you, Grandpa, for going with me to “Fiddler” and you, Granma, for driving us up to the cities. “To Life!”

Love,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment