Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ten Favorite Books

To Kill a Mockingbird. There’s only one kind of folks: folks. To truly understand someone, you must put yourself in their situation.

  • I will open my eyes.

Peter Pan. It is children’s freedom and their belief in the impossible that allows them to fly.

  • I will remember what it was like to fly.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Trees can grow up out of cement. Life blooms even in the darkest places.

  • I will hope always.

Heckedy-Peg. Never let a witch into your house or she will kidnap you and turn you into egg-pudding.

  • I will listen to my mother and beware of cloaked strangers.

Jane Eyre. If you must, pass up every happiness life offers in order to stay true to yourself, and never settle.

  • I will hold to my convictions.

Winnie-the-Pooh. We’re all silly and foolish sometimes, but to love and be loved-- that is a wonderful life.

  • I will laugh at myself.

Harry Potter. Bravery is just a fancy word for having guts.

  • I will be brave and passionate.

A Christmas Carol. Money cannot protect you from suffering; it can only chain you down to a miserable, lonely life.

  • I will give freely.

The Tale of Despereaux. Don’t complain about your ears, no matter how large they are; you will need them.

  • I will use my head.

Till We Have Faces. The fruits of the King are seen in the land; the King’s power can as easily corrupt as it can save.

  • I will lead mindfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment